Major Samhita Bhushan
Assistant Professor in RD Gandhi Medical College and Consultant at Motherhood Hospital, Indore, India
• Has done her M.B.B.S. from ASCOMS and MD in Psychiatry from RD Gandhi Medical College (2015-18), a very prestigious institute in Madhya Pradesh.
• Working as Assistant Professor in RD Gandhi Medical College and Consultant at Motherhood Hospital, Indore.
• Special interest in women mental health.
• She was an officer in the Army Medical Corps for the term 2008-2013 completing 5 years of short service commission.
• Has been an active campaigner for decriminalization of cannabis with participation at International Addiction Conference at AIIMS 2017, CSIMR-IIM meet 2018.
• Awarded various international scholarships including Asian Scholarship Award at ISSDP’17 for original research on cannabis market in India, research presentation on a ‘Rare case series of Huntington Chorea with psychiatric manifestations’ at International congress of Royal College of Psychiatry’17.
• Presenting and awarded scholarship for research presentation at the 1st Asian Drug Policy Conference at Hong Kong (14-15 Oct 2019).
• Currently undertaking various research projects on psycho oncology and stress spectrum in life of doctors.
• She has been taking various lectures for medical and nursing students and even awareness lectures for general public.
• Member of Red Cross society and works for welfare of Women.